Monday, July 22, 2019

Simple Picnic Blanket


You know what people don't do enough?

Picnic!

That's why I decided to make my own picnic blanket.  Not only that, but it adds some color and originality to the inside of my car where I keep it just in case I need an emergency picnic blanket. 


 If you want to make an extremely easy and relatively fast picnic blanket then this is perfect for you.


 All you need is a pack of 10" precut fabric.  I chose one that I liked from Moda and spent forever organizing them into rows.  Hello perfectionist.


Then all you need to do is sew them together.


I added a border and cornerstones to give it a little something-something.


Then I backed it with a dark fabric to hide the dirt that I will inevitably get on it while picnicking, stitched the front and back together in the ditch between squares, and bounded it with a cute green binding. 


Voilà! An easy yet cute picnic blanket! 


Perfect for picnicking anywhere your heart desires.


Let's make this the bee's knees.


2 comments: